Introduction to a Framework for Sustainability Planning
for Lifespan Respite Grantees and their Partners
To see the webinar on a larger screen, to share it, or comment on the webinar, click here.
Please provide your feedback on the webinar
by completing this very short evaluation.
Framework for Sustainability Planning
The goal of the webinar is to introduce a comprehensive approach to sustainability planning for Lifespan Respite grantees and their partners. The interactive webinar presents a framework for sustainability planning that provides grantees with a process for working with their partners and other key leaders in the State to sustain Lifespan Respite programs. The 90 minute session was designed to help Lifespan Respite grantees launch effective and successful sustainability planning efforts by clarifying the concepts, people, steps and critical resources they need to have in place to get started. This includes a clear focus on:
- Providing proven, comprehensive sustainability planning framework that grantees can use to design sustainability plans for their programs;
- Developing a Strategic Financing Plan; and
- Helping grantees understand how to benchmark their progress toward sustainability based on the results of a self-assessment and identify priorities for future planning work.
The webinar is targeted to Lifespan Respite grantees and their partners, but would also be of interest to respite providers, community and faith-based organizations, area agencies on aging, and others interested in an introduction to funding sustainability concepts for respite services.
Senior Program Associate with the Finance Project
Ms. Martinez holds a Master's of Public Policy degree from the University of Chicago and a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from the University of Arizona. The Finance Project is a specialized non-profit research, consulting, technical assistance and training firm for public and private sector leaders nationwide. They help leaders make smart investment decisions, develop sound financing strategies, and build solid partnerships that benefit families and communities.
Webinar PowerPoint Presentation
The Finance Project's Tools:
ARCH Resources for Funding Sustainability:
- Federal Funding and Supports for Respite: Building Blocks for Lifespan Respite Systems, 2012. Click here.
- Home and Community-Based 1915(c) Medicaid Waivers for Respite Support: State-by-State Tables, 2011 (Select states updated in 2012). Click here.
- State Funding Streams for Respite Across the Lifespan, Updated 2013. Click here.
- Funding Sustainability for Lifespan Respite Grantees: Examples from the States, Webinar Part II. Click here.