Marketing Respite to Family Caregivers: Examples from State Lifespan Respite Initiatives, January 9, 2014
Call Description: Strategies for marketing respite to family caregivers was raised as an area of interest on the last Lifespan Respite Grantee/Partner call in November. This call focused on examples from states about marketing, education and public awareness campaigns that state lifespan respite grantees and their coalition partners have engaged in to raise awareness about the importance of respite. Presenters included Cheron Brylski, a marketing consultant who works with the Lifespan Respite project in Louisiana, and Joyce Pohlman with the TX Lifespan Respite Project who discussed their Take Time Texas campaign. The following issues were discussed:
- The pros and cons of marketing respite to family caregivers
- The need to also market to respite providers, employers/corporate sector, and others
- Challenges in developing respite marketing campaigns
- Successful strategies used by Lifespan Respite grantees and/or coalitions
- Webinar, Marketing Respite to Family Caregivers: Moving Beyond Awareness. Presenter: Alicia Blater, NC Lifespan Respite Project, July 27, 2011.
- Behavioral Framework for Developing Marketing Messages. Developed by the NC Lifespan Respite Project.
- State examples of respite public awareness and marketing ideas.
You May Also Be Interested In:
Practical Considerations When Starting a New Voucher Program and for Experienced Voucher Program Providers
Share this page: