July 13, 2023
This presentation was made to the Lifespan Respite Grantee and Partner Learning Collaborative on Implementing the National Strategy to Support Family Caregivers. The focus of this presentation is on Strengthening the Direct Care Workforce to help improve respite capacity.
Dr. Kezia Scales, Vice President of Research & Evaluation, with PHI, Quality Care through Quality Jobs, was the guest presenter. Dr. Scales leads the work at PHI on building the evidence base on state and national policies and workforce interventions that improve direct care jobs, elevate this essential workforce, and strengthen care processes and outcomes. She provided expert guidance on best state practices on strengthening the direct care workforce that may guide your own expansion of partnerships and programs at the state level to grow the respite care workforce.
- State Policy Strategies for Strengthening the Direct Care Workforce, PHI
- Visit PHI’s National Direct Care Workforce Resource Center to find additional research
- Additional Resource Links can be found in Dr. Scales’ PPT slides.
From the National Academy for State Health Policy:
- RAISE Act State Policy Roadmap for Family Caregivers: The Direct Care Workforce
- Webinar Recording: State Policies to Strengthen the Direct Care Workforce
- States Use American Rescue Plan Act Funds to Strengthen Home and Community-Based Service Workforce
You May Also Be Interested In:
Share this page: