January 23, 2019
As health care providers and payers increasingly recognize the importance of social and behavioral determinants of health for their members/patients and their caregivers, they are increasingly partnering with community-based organizations (CBOs) to provide services to address these issues. This webinar will talk about opportunities for partnering and contracting that can support your lifespan respite program, as well as trends that we’re seeing in contracting between health care entities and CBOs. We’ll also discuss some of the building blocks for thinking about how to build pathways to sustainability for your program.
Marisa Scala-Foley, Director, Aging and Disability Business Institute at the National Association for Area Agencies on Aging (n4a)
- HCBS Business Acumen Center from NASUAD
- HCBS Business Acumen Center Toolkit: Disability Network Business Strategies, National Association of States United for Aging and Disabilities, (NASUAD), June 2018 — NASUAD has released its first module of the HCBS Business Center Toolkit, “Disability Network Business Strategies: A Roadmap to Financial and Programmatic Sustainability for Community-Based Organizations”. This how-to guide will help community-based organizations (CBOs) strategize to build and sustain their organizations in a variety of business climates including development of partnerships with Medicaid managed care organizations. “Step 1: Prepare. Understand the Business Environment and Your Place within It” guides CBOs serving people with disabilities on what is needed to inform the development of their strategic plan. The user-friendly resource offers templates to document findings and ideas. Access the first module of the toolkit.
Medicaid Managed Long Term Services and Supports
- Medicaid and Long-Term Services and Supports: A Primer, Kaiser Family Foundation
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) – Medicaid Managed Care for Long-Term Services and Supports.
- MLTSS for People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, NASUAD
- MLTSS Institute – Where Policy and Practice Meet
- Family Caregivers & Managed Long-Term Services and Supports, AARP Public Policy Institute
- How States Provide Long-Term Services and Supports to Children in Medicaid Managed Care, National Academy For State Health Policy (NASHP), November 2018
- Achieving Value in Medicaid Home- and Community-Based Care: Considerations for MLTSS Programs, Center for Health Care Strategies, Inc., 2018
- Medicaid Managed Long-Term Services and Supports Programs: State Update, Center for Health Care Strategies, 2017
Medicare Advanatage Plans
- New Federal Law and Rules Open Door for Integrated Care in Medicare Advantage, Aging and Disability Business Institute. Two new policies will help increase the number of supplemental benefit options allowed, and provide Medicare Advantage (MA) enrollees with access to these benefits and services that may improve health outcomes. Community-based organizations (CBOs) will have the opportunity to join with MA plans to provide person-centered services that address social determinants of health. Read the report.
You May Also Be Interested In:
Share this page: