Tools for Employer Engagement in Respite and Caregiving Support
July 11, 2019
In this presentation, participants learned about the Employed Caregiver Survey developed and supported by the University of Wisconsin Division of Extension. The importance of understanding the impacts of caregiving on both employees and employers; the benefits of understanding and supporting caregiving employees; and the purpose of the Employed Caregiver Survey as a tool to understand and act on these needs were discussed. Additional information was shared on how to bring the Employed Caregiver Survey to your organization to use in engaging employers.
The webinar also shared information from the NE Lifespan Respite Network about their employer engagement efforts and the results of their initiative.
- Kristin Litzelman, PhD, University of Wisconsin-Madison, School of Human Ecology and Division of Extension
- Sharon Johnson, Nebraska Lifespan Respite Network, DHHS Program Coordinator, Children & Family Services, NE Dept of Health and Human Services
- Kim Falk, Respite Employer Engagement Coordinator, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Munroe-Meyer Institute
- Employed Caregiver Survey developed by University of Wisconsin Division of Extension
- Nebraska Lifespan Respite Network: Producing Positive Outcomes for Families 2015-2017 Evaluation Final Report
- State Lifespan Respite grantee resources for engaging employers
- Voya Financial nationwide survey conducted to assess the level of employer support for working caregivers and for employees with disabilities
You May Also Be Interested In:
State Summaries of Lifespan Respite Grant Activities and Outcomes Final Reports, FY 2017 – FY 2020/21
Share this page: