Webinar on Charting the LifeCourse Respite Tools
January 19, 2020
The aim of this webinar is to show you how to make the best use of the Charting the LifeCourse Respite Tools. Learn about a new resource, Exploring Respite Opportunities and Options, from ARCH to enhance use of the tools.
The Charting the LifeCourse Respite materials, developed by Missouri Family to Family in partnership with the ARCH National Respite Network and Resource Center, are meant to help caregivers and those who support them to:
- understand the meaning and importance of respite/short breaks,
- see real life examples, understand the possibilities and options that exist for respite, within and outside the formal, paid service system, and
- create a successful plan that uses these short breaks to enhance the lives of all family members.
Formal respite services are often out of reach for many, or not the preferred option. These tools will be especially helpful in identifying resources for finding alternative informal respite in the community.
This webinar will provide an introduction to the LifeCourse Respite tools for new users and also serve as a refresher for those who are familiar with them. During the webinar, principles of Charting the LifeCourse Framework will be reviewed briefly. If you would like to familiarize yourself with the LifeCourse Framework in advance of the webinar, please view this video.
- Jane St. John, University of Missouri at Kansas City (UMKC), Institute for Human Development, UCEDD, Kansas City, MO
- Cheryl Dinnell, Project Coordinator, on behalf of the Nevada Aging and Disability Services Division, Planning, Advocacy & Community Services Unit, NV Dept of Health and Human Services, Carson City, NV
- Ann Mangelsdorf, Assistant Director Family Support & Advocacy, Assistance with Residential Care in the Home (ARCH) Respite Care, St. Louis Arc, St. Louis, MO
You May Also Be Interested In:
Webinar: Charting the LifeCourse Tools for Respite – Examples from State Lifespan Respite Care Programs
Share this page: