Urge Your Members of Congress to Support $20 million in the FY 2024 Funding Bill. Visit them in their district offices this week during the Congressional recess to deliver the message!
The National Respite Coalition worked with House champions, Rep. Debbie Dingell (D-MI) and Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA) to secure signatures from House Members on a letter to the House appropriations committee requesting $20 million for the Lifespan Respite Care Program in FY 2024. This is a doubling of current funding for the program, and more than the amount requested by President Biden in the Administration’s FY 2024 proposed budget.
The National Strategy to Support Family Caregivers, with a focus on increasing respite access and options for family caregivers, has raised awareness of family caregiver needs, and opened a window of opportunity to request a doubling of funding for the Lifespan Respite Care Program. At the same time, House Republican leadership wants to cut discretionary programs to FY 2022 levels.
- Visit with your Representatives and Senators this week during Congressional Recess. Members are in their home districts until Monday, April 17. You can find their district office information on their websites. See the directories below.
- Call the Capitol Switchboard at 202-225-3121 and ask for your Representative’s or Senator’s office. When connected, ask for appropriations, disability or health staff. If you don’t reach them, leave a message!
- Message: Please support $20 million for the Lifespan Respite Care Program in FY 2024. This is the amount requested by 10 Members of Congress in a bipartisan letter to House appropriators. Oppose cuts proposed by Republican leadership. The results would be devastating for family caregivers!
- Make it Personal. Share your personal respite story about why respite is important to you or why more respite is needed in your state. Find more talking points.
- Phone calls or personal visits are best. If you prefer to send an email or fax to your Member of Congress, visit the U.S. House of Representatives Directory and the Senate Directory for contact information.
- Please pick up the phone and call today to make an appointment or leave a message. Share the latest NRC ALERT.
Share this page: